to the new online home of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Sports
This site is for Our Lady of Perpetual Help CYO Sports located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Over the past few years we have been receiving registrations for Our Lady of Perpetual Help located in other states. Please use make sure of your registration selections - Incorrect registrations will be refunded less a $10 administrative fee.
We are very fortunate to have Julie Dody return to lead the pack and taking us on the road for cross country.
Do you enjoy running, then cross country may be just the outlet you are looking for. Practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at OLPH from 5:15 to 6:45 pm and will start in, August. It's too early for the meet schedule but they are normally held on Sundays at 2:15 pm and typically completed by 3:30-4:00 depending on how many runners we have. The season usually starts in September and wraps up by mid-October, the locations are different for each meet and held throughout the Lehigh Valley. The grade and distance breakdowns are as follows:
· grades K-2 1/2 mile
· grades 3-4 1 mile
· grades 5-6 1.5 miles
· grades 7-8 2 miles
· Grades 6th thru 8th (Varsity) - This age group strives to be able to execute skills comparable to what will be expected at a competitive high school level. First year 7th and 8th grade players are welcome to participate so they can learn the sport and compete.
· Grades 4th thru 6th (JV) - This age group is being introduced to the sport and strives to be able to apply the fundamental skills / techniques to match situations. The goal is to utilize three contacts as often as possible so the team is preparing for competitive volleyball.
· Practices – usually 2 times a week beginning in August
· Matches – Saturdays and Sundays beginning as early as Labor Day weekend (season ends late October/early November)
· Coaches / Volunteers – The program can use help with coaches. We have many experienced coaches that can teach new coaches about volleyball. Coaches and volunteers need to have all background checks and clearances to participate.
· Questions/Volunteers – Please contact Coach Zile at 610-392-6769 (call or text) or email@example.com with any questions about the season and / or if you are able to volunteer as a coach for the season.
There have been many changes to the age groupings for Soccer. The change was required to follow the guidelines that have been established by US Soccer. Instead of the players age being determined by a rolling calendar year it is now determined by YEAR of birth. This change has created new opportunities for some players in level of play groupings that are now available and also changes in the format of play.
Registration is available for ANY one that has a birth date between January 1, 2007 through and including December 31, 2016.
Birth Years Level of Play Format of Play
2015 & 2016 Under 7 (U7) 8 v 8
2013 & 2014 Under 9 (U9) 7 v 7
2011 & 2012 Under 11 (U11) 9 v 9
2009 & 2010 Under 13 (U13) 11 v 11
2007 & 2008 Under 15 (U15) 11 v 11
The U7 grouping is the only age ban that will be co-ed. We will be playing against teams from St. Janes and Bethlehem Township Athletic Association.
Because of these changes we ask that you register quickly as we have a short window of opportunity to determine if we will have enough players to field teams at each level.
You will be able to purchase a uniform during the registration process, previously the younger groups did not need a uniform with a number, this year numbered uniforms are required from U9 on up. There is an option to just purchase shirt or shorts individually without purchasing an entire uniform kit (both shorts and shirt).
Many people have asked what the registration fee covers. Blue Mountain Youth Soccer League registration fees (both players and teams), referee fees, entire season of games, end of year activities, and most of the expenses associated with the Garcia Cup (tent, table, chair rentals and setup).
Registration for each athlete is $90.00, the uniform kit (shirt and shorts) will be $35.00.
During the registration process you will be prompted to order a uniform kit if needed. All first year U9 players will need to order a uniform. Please keep in mind that you will be able to use this uniform season to season, judge accordingly when selecting the uniform size for your athlete to insure you will be able to get multiple seasons from this purchase.
The Protecting God’s Children™ Program for Adults was purchased to educate every priest, employee, and volunteer who works with children about the harms of child sexual abuse and what they can do to prevent it. The Safe Environment Coordinator organizes the training sessions as well as administers the web-based online system that tracks who has been trained. The system provides follow-up information and reinforcement to facilitators and to participants who have been trained.
The Protecting God’s Children™ program is a three-hour video presentation. Any adult volunteer who comes into contact with children for more that 15 hours a year is required to attend this program. Workshops require PRE-registration. Past attendees are eligible to sign up for ongoing bulletins from Vitrus.
2022 Track and Field at OLPH
It is almost time for Track and Field at OLPH! This year, due to COVID-19, there will be some changes to how our program is run. The changes were made to help ensure that all CDC guidelines are followed to do our best to keep everyone safe while we enjoy the great outdoors! Here are the details:
Get your free Kids Guide to the Tokyo Olympics. Over 100 pages of games, puzzles, trivia and more!Download